Alternative Dispute Resolution Within Faith Communities
1:00 PM - 2:15 PM ET
Co-Sponsors: Section of Litigation Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee
Please note that this webinar is not for CLE credit.
FREE WEBINAR for members of the Section of Dispute Resolution
ADR in faith communities continues to grow in the United States. Mediation and arbitration are being used to help resolve disputes within churches, temples, and other religious centers, as well as conflicts between individuals who share the same faith tradition. This free 75-minute webinar will discuss some of the challenges and functionalities of dispute resolution in this special area. Two law professors—who both have personal experience as ADR professionals for faith communities—will give you a close-up and overview. They will address questions including:
· How do you define faith-based dispute resolution?
· How are mediation and arbitration within a faith community different from typical commercial, family, or cross-cultural mediation?
· How do the practices of different religions impact ADR procedure and processes?
· What are the opportunities to get involved with faith-based ADR?
· What qualities and abilities make an effective dispute resolver in faith communities?
September 13, 2017 at 10 am ET