The 6th Annual International Legal Symposium on the World of Music, Film, Television and Sports, presented by the ABA Forum on the Entertainment and Sports Industries, is set for Thursday and Friday, April 23 and 24, 2015, at the Palms Hotel and Spa at 3025 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach.
The 14 panel topics will include:
· Ethics in Entertainment Law – A Practical Approach to Client Representation;
· Copyright and Trademark Litigation;
· Working with Creatives;
· Lessons Learned for Changing Times-a Perspective on Music;
· Issues and Case Law Updates in Entertainment Litigation;
· International Music Licensing and Compliance: Update and Trends;
· Preserving Confidentiality and Protecting Wealth for the High-Profile Sports and Entertainment Client;
· Attorneys Acting as Sports Agents: The Issues Lawyers Confront When Serving in Agent Capacity;
· The Fundamentals of Advising your Client in the Literary World;
· More Stories from the Red Carpet: “The Final Cut” on Screen! Sex and Violence on Music, Film. Television and the Internet;
· Immigration, Divorce and Criminal law Issues for Entertainers and Athletes;
· Current Trends in 2015 on Constitutional law, Intellectual Property and Collection and Use of Data Issues in Entertainment, as well as Reality Television Deals and Litigation over Minors’ Rights to Disavow Contracts; Success Stories in the Music Industry:
· All in the industry isn’t dead…if it ain’t broke don’t fix it…. (including coverage of music festivals), and;
· Latin America Goes Digital: How to License Music and Content South of the Border without Getting Lost in Translation.
In addition, the symposium will offer luncheon speakers on Thursday and Friday covering music and television. Plan to attend and get your CLE credits!
Make your hotel reservation now at The Palms Hotel & Spa [link to hotel site] by calling 800-550-0505 or directly at 305-534-0505. MARCH 23 IS THE ROOM RESERVATION DEADLINE.