Antitrust Analysis in Digital Plaftorm Markets:
Arnold & Porter LLP
555 12th St NW Ste 100
Washington, DC 20004-1206
12:00 PM - 1:30 PM ET
Multi-sided platform markets that connect two or more groups of users are ubiquitous in the digital economy. Everything from operating systems to e-commerce to hardware seems to fit the description. What have economists learned about the competitive dynamics of platform markets? How do the economics shape the lens antitrust enforcers should apply to analyze market power, exclusion and efficiencies? Is there more than one side to the story?
· Lisa Kimmel, FTC, Washington, DC
· Aaron Hoag, DOJ, Washington, DC
· Pete Levitas, Arnold & Porter LLP, Washington, DC
· Marc Rysman, Dept. of Economics, Boston University
· Scott Sher, Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, Washington, DC
FREE: Antitrust Section Members, Government, Nonprofit Employees and Students
$25.00: Other non-members
The ABA is not seeking CLE credit for this program.
Provided all releases are obtained, MP3 recordings of this program will be available to Section members on the Committee Program Audio page