PLEASE NOTE: Online registration is closed. If you have not yet signed up, please register in person at the registration desk on the 5th floor starting at 8 am ET.
Hosted by the American Bar Association, Section of Dispute Resolution
1050 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20036
This program is designed to help you develop practical skills in legal bargaining. To ensure an interactive experience, attendance will be limited to 50 persons. You will participate in hands-on roleplaying, and have the opportunity to request feedback from a faculty of leading academics, attorneys, and trainers.
As a participant you will:
· Spend a full day working to improve your legal bargaining skills
· Participate in negotiations yourself, and be able to analyze the results and see video of skilled bargainers dealing with the same problem
· Explore the psychological forces that often distort bargaining decisions of opponents, clients—and perhaps yourself
· Understand the ethical rules that govern negotiation by lawyers
· Survey your personal bargaining style
· Practice dealing with “tough” bargaining tactics
· Learn how to approach what may be your toughest negotiation – with your own clients
Who should attend?
· Lawyers who want to improve their legal bargaining skills
· Attorneys who handle transactional or litigation matters
· Clients who must deal with legal negotiations
· Professionals who want to receive feedback about their bargaining style
· Lawyers interested in learning more about a skill they use every day
Click here to view the Institute brochure.
A limited number of scholarship are available. To receive the application link, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.