Silver Hair and Fighting Heirs: Contested Guardianships
12:00 PM - 1:30 PM CT
1.50 General CLE Credit Hours
This program will survey national trends and new developments in contested guardianships and other pre-death events that impact the assets and care of the incapacitated, as well as their estates at death.
The panel will cover the following issues, among others:
• Multi-jurisdictional disputes;
• Adult guardianships and the Protective Proceeding Act;
• Role of guardianship in caring for persons with mental illness;
• Civil commitment;
• Capacity determinations;
• Guardianship appointments; and
• Alternatives to guardianships.