2015 Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee CLE Seminar
14.10 General CLE Credit Hours
2.30 Ethics/Professionalism CLE Credit Hours
Online registration is now closed. If you wish to attend, please bring your completed onsite regsitration form to the Seminar. Do not send your completed form to ABA staff, as it will not be processed before your arrival at the Seminar.
Why You Should Attend
Learn the latest developments in insurance law from leading lawyers and insurance professionals at the 27th year of the Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee CLE Seminar. Join us in attending plenary, breakout and round-table programs, as well as fun activities and valuable networking sessions. As in past years, the meeting will feature the same high-quality programming that has attracted insurance practitioners from all over the United States and London. We are repeating last year’s successful effort to encourage more in-house counsel attendance. For our colleagues who are in-house at insurance companies or policyholder companies, we are offering registration for just $50! Join us in Tucson to make this another record-setting year!
What You Will Learn
- Coverage Cases on Appeal: Learn from our panel of distinguished Judges and Justices about how to properly present coverage issues on appeal.
- Federal Court Certification of Questions to State Supreme Courts: Hear from our experienced panel about legal developments in this area and tips for strategy in litigating your cases.
- The Battle over Defense Dollars: Don’t miss our panel’s advice on negotiating the important issues of counsel rates and defense strategy.
- Claims Presenting Excess Exposure: Our panel will review recent developments in duty to settle cases and options for resolution
- Number of Occurrences: You haven’t heard this before. Listen to our experienced attorneys and a Supreme Court Justice discuss how many policies are triggered and the attendant issues that arise.
- Underwriter Depositions: How to take one and how to defend one. This litigation skill can be critical in coverage cases and our panel will get you ready!
- The Ethics of Witness Preparation: Prepare them well – but not TOO much! Our panel will provide practical tips for getting witnesses ready to testify.
- Social Media Impact in Coverage Cases: What has the widespread use of social media done to cyber-insurance claims and coverage for those claims? We have an experienced panel with real world examples to share. Don’t miss it!
- Insurance Bad Faith for Third-Party Claim Handling: What are the courts doing with these claims? Our panel will update you on developments in the law and defenses to these claims
- Cyber Attacks and Privacy Perils: Class action suits present significant exposure for insureds, and now there are even newer types of claims. Learn from our panel of experts in cyber risks about what coverage is available, and how these claims are handled
Who Should Attend
- All attorneys who litigate in the area of insurance coverage.
- In-house counsel for insurance companies or policyholder companies. Take advantage of the $50 registration fee!
- Risk managers and seasoned practitioners interested in an update from the leading trial lawyers, experts and members of the judiciary on the latest developments in insurance law
Special Thanks to our 2015 Insurance Coverage Litigation
Sherilyn Pastor and Laura Hanson
Jamie Carsey and Lou Chiafullo
Tonya Newman and Terrance Evans