Book your travel now for the 2014 GPSolo 9th Annual National Solo & Small Firm Conference (NSSFC). This year’s theme is “Building a Texas-Sized Practice on a Lone Star Budget.” Traditionally, the NSSFC attracts more than 200 solos and small firm practitioners from across the country and abroad. However, this year’s meeting in Texas is going supersize as we expect to draw record numbers. Come join the excitement and learn to build or expand your practice without spending a fortune.
Some exciting highlights of the meeting include:
- Off-the-charts networking opportunities such as meet-and-greets with legal service plan providers and potential new business referrals
- Rainmaking Forum; U.S. Supreme Court Swearing-In Ceremony (register now to take part); Naturalization Ceremony for new U.S. citizens; and an accreditation course for practice before the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (which, like Social Security representation, can result in a fee award). All these programs are new this year.
- Opportunity to choose up to ten hours of CLE from more than 25 hours of offerings. This is not your everyday CLE. We will have several GPSolo book authors presenting on chapters from their recent publications, including the outstanding Run Your Firm Like a Business by Frank T. Lockwood, the timely Lawyer’s Guide to Financial Planning by Cynthia Sharp, the ever-important Debt Collector’s Handbook by David J. Cook and Minding Your Own Business by Ann Guinn.
- Sessions presented by the ABA Commission on Immigration for both immigration and non-immigration practitioners, including a mock trial demonstration with an immigration judge showing you the ins and outs of practicing before the immigration courts.
- Difference Makers Awards Luncheon, where we celebrate the accomplishments of our honorees.
- Training for pro bono representation with Kids in Need of Defense (KIND) to assist unaccompanied children who currently represent themselves in immigration court proceedings.
- The opportunity to help educate high school students about being aware of debt through our Financial Literacy Outreach public service program.
GPSolo members will receive all of this and more for the not-so-Texas-sized price of $245—less than the cost of food and beverages alone. Why? We want to thank you in person for being a GPSolo member. So come on down and join the fun! Don’t mess with Texas, and don’t miss out on GPSolo’s signature event! Great rates available, pay only $245 (GPSolo and State Bar of Texas Members Rate).