"Wow! Double 'Wow'! What a great work. It contains value far beyond its modest price. You're giving it away!"
Robert T. Hall
Hall & Sethi, PLC
In the four years since the initial publication of Locked Down, data security has exploded as a concern for law firms. At the time, many attorneys were not paying attention to data security. But with the growing number of data breaches, no attorney can afford to ignore these developments. With quickly advancing technology to prevent, detect and respond to intrusions and ever-evolving threats, keeping up on the latest information you need to protect your confidential data can be a daunting task.
The second edition of Locked Down is the answer to this challenge. Authors Sharon D. Nelson, David G. Ries, and John W. Simek are recognized experts in cybersecurity, and their lectures draw standing-room-only crowds. They give you the data security basics you need in simple, easy-to-understand language. You can manage your risk by following the practical advice provided in this book. Topics include:
- The latest news in the data breach world, including true stories of breached law firms
- The ethical issues of data security
- The need for a comprehensive approach to security
- The dangers of using laptops, tablets, and smartphones on public Wi-Fi
- Strong passwords and the growing need for two-factor authentication
- Encryption, which is now cheap, fast and simple –and may be ethically required
- The elements of a good incident response plan
- The future of information security