"A gunslinger doesn't charge by the bullet."
Your entire practice is based on doing battle for your clients. Unfortunately, the issues that arise when it comes to assessing the value of these protective and beneficial services are a source of contention for both yourself and your clients.
This newly revised third edition of the highly acclaimed Winning Alternatives to the Billable Hour: Strategies that Work
, provides you with tools you can use in your practice to implement and evaluate alternative billing methods, including real case studies of lawyers and firms successfully using alternative billing to deliver value to both the client and the lawyer.
In addition to an appendix containing sample agreements, forms, proposals, and client letters, you'll find topics addressed include:
- Understanding the client's perceptions of value
- Ethical rules and practices (covering most of the gray areas)
- Interpreting and applying the "value curve"
- How to build a billing method
- Integrating technology and alternative billing
- Developing a case and/or transaction plan
- Evaluating alternative billing method results