Learn how to deal with the peculiar problems of traditional bargaining through proven models and techniques that will help you to:
- Gain a better understanding of the dynamics of money negotiations
- Identify the recurring problems presented in those cases
- Acquaint and arm yourself with new tools to handle those challenges
- Build a model of the mediation process that will serve as a roadmap when traditional bargaining is unavoidable
- Assist the parties in traditional bargaining in a facilitative, rather than a directive way
The book also includes an appendix comprised of proposals and counter proposals made by Plaintiffs and Defendants in over one hundred court-ordered mediations in the superior courts in North Carolina. The charts provide the reader with a sense of the difficulty in settling a case through traditional bargaining, and the frequency of settlement even when the parties' initial positions are far apart and movement is slow to materialize.